Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Transcending

You know what separates something great from something not great?

Repetition.

You do something enough and it becomes the new standard.

Even if you have the balls to do something original, what do the people want?  For you to do it again.

And even if you do something shitty, trust me, do it enough times and it becomes 'your thing'.  You'll be famous for it.  It's how people will know you.  Just ask a serial killer.

Derek Jeter is 1,000 hits shy of reaching the all-time hits record.  Even though I have vowed to never approve of anything Yankee related I have still, for some god-forsaken reason, felt this way: "Eh, I've always liked Jeter."  I like the guy.  Still, it is completely unreasonable for me to believe that he will touch the all-time hits record.  It's one of those records in baseball that took a real psycho to achieve.  Pete Rose is a sanctified piece of whacko and Derek Jeter seems like a nice guy.  You lose, Jeter.

I am a normal human being.  I get stopped in my tracks when I see breaking news on ESPN.  My eyes widen, I start drooling, and my ethereal tail starts wagging.  Then I see that Augusta has admitted two women to their club.  Really ESPN?  We all know that Augusta lives in a bubble that is forty years prior to our own.  Why should the reasonable, present-day public care that some bigots FINALLY decided that "okay, I guess we can allow TWO" should ever, ever be breaking news?  The Masters is only the The Masters because...they named it the Masters!  I wish I could hold a 'I'm fucking crazy contest' and pronounce myself the unanimous winner every year like they do!

Apparently the car racers are reaching their climax of the year.  I've always appreciated the way they do it too, as if it's New Year's Eve and we're counting down the races until the apple drops!  I immediately take that back.  This is not a NASCAR friendly blog.  I don't get it.  I won't ever get it.  And if you passionately care about it don't waste your enthusiasm on trying to get me to get it.  It won't happen and I would hate to dissuade you from something you care about so much.  The Chase?  Are you kidding me?  Is that preceded by The Flirt and followed with The Divorce?  For Christ-Bud-Heavy-Drinking-Sakes...

I wish I could get jacked for college football like some people do.  Unfortunately for me I cheer for a school that I actually went to.

Whoever the guy was that calculated that Mark Trumbo leads the MLB in home run distance needs to come and join the Studly Pastures.  I need that kind of statistical bullshit to make myself feel good too.

The EPL has started again and I'm not too concerned with that abbreviation because the only people who won't know what that stands for have already been alienated by my NASCAR hate paragraph.  I like the EPL but it's very similar to the NBA and that makes my blood boil.  Each year, the good get better, and the bad go and battle it out in a gladiator-like scenario.  Seriously though, the EPL and the NBA would be the same thing if we regulated the Wizards and the Warriors to the D-League last year.

Alright kids, I've depressed myself.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that paragraph about the Masters is so true. I don't know much about it, but I know it's their club. They can do what they want! The fact that they just now let women into it doesn't show toleration, it reveals how long they've held themselves to a backwards standard.

    ReplyDelete