Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

The Chad Show

If you have ever glanced at this blog before you probably know that I love the Miami Dolphins.  A little too much.  It's pathetic, I know.  And I know that it's even more pathetic that I know it's pathetic and still do it.

I have unbridled loyalties into things for absolutely no reason.  It's my cast and my crutch.

The strange, twisted life I'm leading is nothing compared to some individuals in this world.  Some people decide to make their life a Truman Show, everything is scripted and broadcast on television.  When that fails to grab attention, for these attention grubbing whores, they introduce a little anarchy.

It's a circus.  A production put forth for entertainment value only.

As a relatively sane individual I can't live my life that way.

Chad Johnson can.

Johnson, maiden name Ochocinco, was recently arrested for head-butting his wife over a condom dispute.

Why condoms?  Why head-butt?  Why marry a reality television star?

Because RATINGS, baby!

Nobody would give two shits if Chad Johnson got in a petty argument with his wife over a disputed merchandise purchase.  But Mad Lib the shit out of that sentence and all of a sudden people are shitting their pants over Chad Johnson head-thrusting his bitch because she found some penis covers!!!!!!  BOOOOOYAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

So the Dolphins release him.  He's too big of a distraction and that's something we don't need on this impressionable team.

Admirable.  The Dolphins are making a bold statement.  They're saying that they don't care about ratings over morals.  They're gonna take the high road.

The ironic thing?  They probably should care about ratings considering they are the focus of a prime-time cable show right now that just lost their star actor--but I digress.

And before the smoke could clear of the firing of Chad Johnson, Karlos Dansby, a Miami linebacker, went on record to say that he was disappointed that the team didn't stand by their man.

Really?  The NFL really needs to advance their studies on the long-term effects of concussions because clearly Karlos Dansby is not using his thinking machine properly.

I'm all for team loyalty but if we have to extradite one person I'm putting the guy who head-butted his wife under the bus first.  I don't even have to think too hard about that one.  "Who should we cut guys?"  "How about the wife-beater, Coach?"  "Hmm, yeah, definitely the wife-beater."

Chad Johnson is a man who decided that his life was going to be a joke.  Most lives are jokes but his was broadcast on television, that's the difference.  He always told us though that the fine line between being funny and being a scumbag was not going to jail.  Oops.

I guess that line has been crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! You have to cut him. Since he had no guaranteed money, they lost nothing in giving him a shot. The best coaches in the league wouldn't put up with it, so it's a good thing that Joe Philbin won't either.

    Now, I wonder if Pete Carroll will add to his stable of has-been receivers... ;D

    ReplyDelete