Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Holy Crap, I'm Three!

Hey kids, guess what?!  It's the three year anniversary of the Studly Pastures!!!

I know exactly what you're thinking too.  You're thinking, wow, for something that's been around for three years it's pretty antiquated and not very popular.

And you would be right.

I tried to sell out, I really did.  I put advertisements on here that have earned me almost fifty cents.

My most-read post was about Charlie Sheen during the height of his craziness.  In fact, being a blogger for three years has pretty much taught me the ropes.  Any time I mention someone like Sheen, or LeBron James, or Justin Bieber, or Katie Holmes, or Fidel Castro, or the Beatles, or Scooby Doo, or Santa Claus, or Steve Buschemi, or McDonalds, Google will pretty much put me at the top of the list for anybody that's searching for anything remotely close to any of those people.

It's pretty interesting to know that I can write entire posts without any sort of substance in it and all I have to do is name drop a few times and then BAM I'm front page.

That's the glory of today's communication process.  People haven't gotten smarter or more profound--or hell, even literate--they're just easier to hear.

I have a very simple answer for why I operate the SP.  I'm narcissistic and love to go back and read about what I thought about certain events in life.  True story.  I really could give two craps about what you think.  I don't even know you.  To me, you're just some faceless statistic that I check every now and again to see exactly how many faceless entities are actually reading my soap box declarations.

If I want to write about how Steve Nash going to the Lakers is what makes me hate the NBA and why just about every other major sport is run better than this one and I blather on and on just like I would sitting in a room by myself, I find it really bizarre that someone from Moldova would read that and be like, "Yeah, you tell them!" (Or however that would translate in Moldovian.  I'm not even really sure if they speak Moldovian, I'm not doing any research.)  (Sorry, Moldova.)

I'm huge in Eastern Europe by the way.  I'm their David Hasselhoff.

I guess what I'm getting at is that the system is wonderfully flawed.  There is absolutely no reason why a blog based on a fictional stud farm for unicorns, run by someone who boldly refers to himself as The Creator, should have ever pandered on for three years...let alone be actually read by people.

It's ludicrous.  Shame on you.

But I love you and I try my best for you, faceless entities.  I wish I could tell you I put my blood, sweat, and tears into this thing but I have air conditioning and a fear of blood.  Plus, men don't cry.

Thanks for three great years and here's to at least fifty million more!

No comments:

Post a Comment